Trainee Line Mechanic
- New Zealand owned and operated Company experiencing growth
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including Life Insurance and Birthday Leave
Horizon Services Limited trading as Horizon Networks, based in Whakatane is recruiting for a self-motivated individual to fill the Trainee Line Mechanic position on a full-time and permanent basis.
Reporting to the Line Mechanic Team Leader, you will be responsible to:
- Undertake the agreed training requirements and to gain practical experience to install and replace lines equipment and services on both overhead lines and underground cables.
- Under the supervision of a certified Line Mechanic carry out line construction services, line maintenance services, fault response services, cable laying services and vegetation services in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Build strong long term relationships with our customers ensuring they see Horizon Networks as a preferred supplier with excellent customer service and technical support.
To be successful a candidate will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum four years secondary school with NCEA passes in Maths and English
- Working towards a Line Mechanic Level 4 qualification: National Certificate in Electricity Supply
- First Aid Certificate
- Minimum Class 2 learners' licence
- Current Unrestricted Manual NZ Drivers Licence
- Good communication and written skills
- A basic knowledge of electrical practices
- Ability to be safety focussed at all times
- Able to effectively apply first aid techniques when required
- Able to think clearly under pressure
The Horizon Energy Group takes pride in its commitment to the health and safety of all its stakeholders. It has well developed processes and procedures in the principle areas of safety leadership, risk management and worker participation.
To support this, you will have excellent communication and problem solving skills, sound industry and product knowledge, be safety focussed at all times, possess a high degree of initiative, able to think clearly under pressure and most of all be a team player.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
We can offer a challenging position with a competitive remuneration and additional employee benefits which include Paid Birthday Leave and Life and Critical Illness cover.
Applications close on Friday, 16 April 2021.