HSEQ Business Partner
- Company vehicle
- Competitive remuneration
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Life and Critical Illness cover
Horizon Energy Group is recruiting for a HSEQ Business Partner based in Penrose, Auckland.
Reporting to the HSEQ Manager, the purpose of this role is to:
- Partner with our business units in the Auckland and Hamilton region and other areas where required to improve safety performance by delivering on the Group HSEQ Improvement Plan, fostering a positive HSEQ culture and providing subject matter expertise.
- Support the Manager HSEQ with the development and delivery of key strategic projects as part of the Group HSEQ Improvement Plan.
- Additionally, with oversight from the Manager HSEQ, this role will be expected to provide operational HSEQ support to the business units as required.
To be successful you will require the following qualifications and experience:
- NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or the New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice - Level Four or equivalent desirable.
- NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent desirable.
- Current Manual NZ Drivers Licence.
To be a successful candidate we would like demonstrated experience and skills in the following areas:
- Demonstrated experience in managing health and safety in a complex environment is essential. Experience in the electrical industry, construction and or facilities management will be advantageous.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organising - Prioritises and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Organises or schedules their service jobs and tasks; Develops realistic action plans to meet daily/monthly demands.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Reporting - Produces timely information to ensure transparency in performance and results are achieved.
The Horizon Energy Group takes pride in its commitment to the health and safety of all its stakeholders. It has well developed processes and procedures in the principle areas of safety leadership, risk management and worker participation.
To support this, you will have excellent communication and problem solving skills, sound industry and product knowledge, be safety focussed at all times, possess a high degree of initiative, able to think clearly under pressure and most of all be a team player.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Applications close on Thursday, 22 April 2021.