Horizon Networks, a trusted division of the multi-disciplined Horizon Energy Group, serves the Eastern Bay of Plenty community with reliable electricity. At Horizon Networks we believe our success is driven by our employees and in return offer a wide range of career opportunities. We also offer a competitive remuneration in line with the experience you bring to the role and staff benefits including paid Birthday Leave and Life and Critical Illness Cover. We are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer.
Reporting to the Design & Estimating Manager, you will be responsible to:
- Provide project management cost estimates, detailed design for new connections, overhead and underground upgrades and internal Horizon Networks projects that cover all aspects of a distribution network.
- Provide engineering and site planning services (inclusive of design and estimation) in support of customer applications for new supplies, subdivisions and capacity upgrades.
- Ensure contractor work practice and construction standards are safe, and in accordance with all legal requirements and with Horizon and electricity industry standards.
- Ensure all system work is undertaken in a cost efficient manner, providing minimal disruption to customer supply.
- Perform quality audits to ensure construction standards are adhered to and compliant with all legal requirements as stipulated by Horizon and electricity industry standards.
- Perform health and safely audits to ensure construction is completed safely and in accordance with all legal requirements as stipulated by Horizon and electricity industry standards.
- Co-ordinate projects and defects works.
To be successful a candidate will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience in Distribution Industry
- Tertiary qualifications preferred Bachelor's in Engineering
- Current Manual NZ Drivers Licence
- Contractor management experience in a project management and service delivery role
- Experience in contract administration from project conception to completion
- Detailed design experience primarily in overhead networks with knowledge of the underground design and cost estimating
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Familiar with Microsoft Power BI Dashboard for Reporting (Training will be provided)
- In depth understanding of the operational and management of the distribution system
- Contribute towards the organisations Health and Safety program
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications and line design software such as CATAN
- Job costing software such as NAVision, Ellipse
- Use of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint services
The Horizon Energy Group takes pride in its commitment to the health and safety of all its stakeholders. It has well developed processes and procedures in the principle areas of safety leadership, risk management and worker participation.
To support this, you will have excellent communication and problem solving skills, sound industry and product knowledge, be safety focussed at all times, possess a high degree of initiative, able to think clearly under pressure and most of all be a team player.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Applications close on Friday, 23 April 2021.