Horizon Networks, a trusted division of the multi-disciplined Horizon Energy Group, serves the Eastern Bay of Plenty community with reliable electricity. At Horizon Networks we believe our success is driven by our employees and in return offer a wide range of career opportunities. We also offer a competitive remuneration in line with the experience you bring to the role and staff benefits including paid Birthday Leave and Life and Critical Illness Cover.
We are recruiting for a Streetlight Electrician, based in Whakatane
Reporting to the Team Leader of Streetlighting, you will be responsible to:
- Undertake electrician duties to promote the successful delivery of projects
- Maintain electrical wiring, machinery, instrumentation and control systems and components to required specifications ensuring economy, quality, reliability, safety and sustainability
- Assist with the management of the Streetlight contracts inclusive of installations, repairs and maintenance of overhead and underground components associated with streetlights
- Ensure all work meets the New Zealand Electrical Wiring Regulations, Electricity Act and other Regulations, Standards and Codes of Practice
- Communicate with clients and contractors which may require attending site meetings
- Record, analyse and interpret test data. Proposal of modifications and retest systems and products qualifying the final product or system
- Respond to after-hours call outs when rostered on standby
To be successful a candidate will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Current EWRB Practising Licence
- Hold an appropriate provisional electrical qualification
- Current Unrestricted NZ Drivers Licence
- Minimum of 2 years in associated activities
- Knowledge of all appropriate industry rules and regulations including the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015
- Knowledge of Electrical Wiring Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Operational experience in streetlight routine asset maintenance and construction of new street lighting infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience in managing resources, plant and equipment
- Strong planning, scheduling and organisational skills
- Technical skills and street lighting product knowledge
- Practical skills, including the ability to use and care for equipment
- Ability to read and understand plans, maps and diagrams
- Sound industry and product knowledge
- Must be comfortable working at heights
- Able to make good judgements and follow instructions
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Computer literacy skills
The Horizon Energy Group takes pride in its commitment to the health and safety of all its stakeholders. It has well developed processes and procedures in the principle areas of safety leadership, risk management and worker participation.
To support this, you will have excellent communication and problem solving skills, sound industry and product knowledge, be safety focussed at all times, possess a high degree of initiative, able to think clearly under pressure and most of all be a team player.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
We can offer a challenging position with a competitive remuneration and additional employee benefits which include Paid Birthday Leave and Life and Critical Illness cover. .
Applications close on Wednesday, 12 May 2021.