- Great Working Environment
- Competitive Remuneration
- Staff Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
- Training Assistance
Looking for a lifestyle change? Come to beautiful Gisborne and work for ElectriNET. Gisborne is famous for its sunny climate friendly community and gorgeous beaches. We can offer assistance with relocation.
ElectriNET, based in Gisborne is a member of the Horizon Energy Group and is Eastland's largest consolidated services contractor, covering power, plumbing, electrical and building services.
We are recuirting for a Plumber/Gasfitter/Drainlayer to join our growing team in Gisborne. This position is permanent full-time.
Reporting to the Plumbing Manager, the purpose of this role is to -
- Provide general plumbing services to ensure all planned installation work, fault work and maintenance work is carried out in an efficient, effective and safe manner as requested or directed by the plumbing supervisor or team manager.
- Provide plumbing and/or gasfitting services relating to installations, maintenance and repairs of plumbing, gasfitting, heating and water systems.
- Relevant drainage experience in the installation of all, or some of: storm water, waste water and drinking water.
- At all times enthusiastically carry out all works in a professional and tradesman-like manner to a level of quality that meets current accepted commercial / industry standards.
- This role involves working unsupervised, or as part of a team, to deliver high quality plumbing, gasfitting and drainlaying services.
- As this is a service position it requires an individual with the willingness to work flexible hours and the ability to manage their own time, and the time of others, in order to meet deadlines.
- The successful person will be responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for self, colleagues, customers, and the general public.
- As part of the role you will assist in championing the continued development and delivery of the Company's values.
- Build strong long term relationships with our customers ensuring they see ElectriNET as a preferred supplier with excellent customer service and technical support.
To be a successful you will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Must have completed a four year apprenticeship and completed a National Certificate in Plumbing and/or Gasfitting
- Certifying drainlayers tickets is beneficial but not essential
- Holds a current NZ registration and licence as a Plumber/Gasfitter in accordance with the requirements of the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayer's Board
- Must maintain qualification registration requirement
- Current unrestricted Manual NZ Driver Licence
- WTR license endorsement would be beneficial
To be successful a candidate will require the following demonstrated experience and skills in the relevant trade area:
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience associated with the installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of plumbing, gasfitting, heating and water systems
- Knowledge of plumbing, gasfitting and drainlaying materials and methods
- Ability to interpret designs, plans and instructions
- Knowledge of NZ building and safety regulations, standards, codes of practice and relevant legislation
- Knowledge of the Building Code in relation to plumbing, gasfitting and drainlaying
- Soldering and welding skills advantageous
- Some knowledge of electrical systems advantageous
- Knowledge of Health and Safety compliance requirements
- Possess excellent interpersonal/people skills and have the ability to build strong working relationships with key and regular customers
- Be prepared to work as part of the rostered call out team
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Customer/client focused
- Works well in a team environment - a strong team player
- Be versatile and willing to think outside the square
- Efficient in the use of time and resources
- Product knowledge and computer literacy preferred
- Safety conscious
- Must be a self-starter demonstrating an energetic and conscientious attitude
- Ability to work independently on a task to its completion aware of time requirements
- Ability to continuously up skill on equipment and systems
- Motivated and focused on customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated trustworthiness
- High level of fitness required
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Ability to lift, carry and push heavy objects
You will bring enthusiasm and energy to the role, be a self-starter with strong results orientation, time management and influencing skills. You will have strong attention to detail, possess a high degree of initiative, be process focused and a good communicator.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.