Assest Information Technician
- Part time - 3 days per week
- Join a 100% locally owned Company
- Great working environment
- Staff Benefits
Horizon Networks, based in Whakatane is recruiting for a Asset Information Technician.
Reporting to the GIS/Draughting Manager, you will be responsible to:
- Improve, update and maintain GIS, CAD, GPS and Ellipse Asset Management systems and data for Horizon Networks.
- Provide meaningful geospatial analysis and CAD support to the Asset Management, Operations and Contracting teams to assist with managing the Network.
To be successful a candidate will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Current Unrestricted NZ Drivers Licence [preferably including heavy traffic, delete if not applicable]
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Drive to provide accurate and efficient support to the Company
- Good computer and application skills
The following qualifications are preferred but not essential:
- Minimum 1 year GIS experience, Hexagon/Intergraph preferred
- Minimum 1 year CAD experience, AutoCAD preferred
- Ability to construct SQL queries to analyse data
- Knowledge of Asset Management software, Ellipse preferred
- Knowledge of GPS and asset inspection technologies
- Understanding of an Electricity Network and its operations
The Horizon Energy Group takes pride in its commitment to the health and safety of all its stakeholders. It has well developed processes and procedures in the principle areas of safety leadership, risk management and worker participation.
To support this, you will have excellent communication and problem solving skills, sound industry and product knowledge, be safety focussed at all times, possess a high degree of initiative, able to think clearly under pressure and most of all be a team player.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
We can offer a challenging position with a competitive remuneration and additional employee benefits which include Paid Birthday Leave and Life and Critical Illness cover. .
Applications close on Monday, 31 May 2021.